Friday, February 1, 2013

Hospital Stricken... For Weeks (Day 1)

I had convinced myself that this blog was to be used for valuable business and marketing advice only, that was... until today.  I am almost thirty weeks pregnant with my first (and ONLY may I add) child (we are expecting a baby boy), and I was admitted to the hospital today for oligohydramnios.  For all those common folks out there, that means low amniotic fluid that they are attributing to my water breaking early.  As far as we know right now, I will be in here until 34 weeks, when they will induce labor. Sooo that means I have four and a half weeks confided to a hospital room, missing the pure pleasures of my daily Starbucks fix, my amazing memory foam King size bed, my beautiful little doggie, and oh yeah, sleeping next to my wonderful husband.  I figure it is going to be an entertaining few weeks, to say the least, which might end up with me lacking some hair, a few brain cells and maybe my patience as well.  Needless to say I figured I had to document it somehow so here we go.

Day 1:

My husband thinks my doctor looks like Dr. McDreamy.  Yes, you read right, as in Dr. McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy.  See I host girl's night at my house to watch Grey's religiously every Thursday, and while my hubby will adamantly refuse this, he enjoys watching it with us and sharing some wine with the girls, probably more than I do (minus the wine of course).  Ok so Dr. McDreamy is really nice, and relatively good looking, and all in all a good doctor to have around if I am to go crazy in the hospital...

My sister is worried I am going to scare away all the nurses.  For those who don't know me, I like to talk, a lot, so the nurses today have already heard my whole life story, seen Facebook pics, and exchanged funny anecdotes.  My sister said I really should pace myself, as I will have more than a month to entertain these poor poor nurses.  My opinion?  No time like the present!

Funny Nurse Story of the Day:  I will attempt to share one of these every day, because nurses are the best, they are all knowing.  And I have had some really awesome nurses today.  We had a good fifteen minute laugh about this one:

A guy was with his wife while she was in labor.  He pulled the nurse to the side and asked her, "will my baby be born with clothes on."  Thinking he was joking and wanting to play along she said, "Oh yeah, of course.  Top hat and tap shoes and all."  "WHAT," exclaimed the guy, clearly bewildered.  He HADN'T been joking...

That's all for now folks.  Stay posted to hear how day 2 goes as the countdown begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment